Located on the old Camino Real, the royal road from Mexico City to the colonial capital, Santa Fe, this area has always been a place for people on the move. We are as well located on a major intersection of North-South and East-West interstate, the major system being used to transport modern asylum-seekers.
Below is a recap of what we are doing with the help of your generosity:
- Our Agape Market – where we feed, clothe and provide a place of gathering for our Community
- Jardin De Paz Park/Garden-Currently under construction is supplementing our shelter and community with fresh food. We currently provide education programs on growing and preparing nutritious meals.
- Immigrant Advocacy Center
-Hospitality Center – Families with children fleeing danger have been allowed to legally enter, after being vetted by U. S. authorities to seek asylum. With the help of 150 volunteers and your support, we have been able to help over 1,800 refugees (including 800 children) and served 10,500 meals during 2019. El Calvario is committed to being a permanent shelter, the only one serving Southern New Mexico. We are currently renovating our facility to meet all health and safe standards and building codes for permanent facilities and need your help and support to make this a reality.
– Immigrant Advocacy Center – provide advocacy, education, case management and free or low cost legal aid to migrants in our community.
- Cross Border Missions
- Provide basic English education for children, meals, blankets, clothing and infrastructure to Asylum Seekers sleeping at shelters in Juarez.
- Borderlands Mission experiences – host visiting groups and missions providing and educational and cultural experiences in the issues of immigration and life on the border.
- Provide economic startup opportunities for micro businesses using our commercial kitchen. This will give vital skills to those in the community to increase their economic viability.
Today, the church has returned to its historical roots by restoring dignity, capacity and resilience to those we come in contact. We invite you to join us making an investment today to ensure that we can continue these important missions.
Worship with Us
Sunday, 10:00 a.m.: Sunday School (due to the Covid-19 virus, Sunday School is being conducted by email throughout the week. For more info, contact Lia at: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sunday, 11:00 a.m.: Worship Services (We are operating according to current health and safety standards).
In addition the worship will be live steamed. Use the link : https://twitch.tv/elcalvariolive . You will be prompted to set up an account. If you “Follow”, the livestream will send you a notification when the new stream is available.)
Thursday, 6:00 p.m.: Cross Connections Bible Study ( due to the Covid-19 virus, the Bible study is being held online. Contact George for more info at: 575-524-1230 or email@example.com)
The ” Doubters Dinner and Discussion LGBT and others who are interested” is resuming. For more info, contact Doug at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participate in our Ministries
- Check back for a list of specific items needed.
Donate Funds by using the Donate button on the right.
Volunteer: Contact Us if you wish to volunteer.